The Longest Flight.
Win a dream trip to Orlando for the NFL Pro Bowl 2019
Can you guess how far former quarterback, Mark Brunell, can throw a paper aeroplane?
To celebrate our partnership with the NFL, we’re combining the brains of one of our top aircraft engineers, and the brawn of the former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback, in a world record attempt to fly a paper aeroplane further than ever before.
All you have to do is guess the distance thrown – and you and three friends could be flying to Orlando to see the Pro Bowl game on 27th January 2019, with accommodation included.
Simply fill out your details below, and good luck!
Don’t forget to tune in to watch the world record attempt live on Facebook at fb.com/virginatlantic on 24th October at 11:00AM.
Sorry, this competition is now closed. You can see how the guys got on here
We’ll announce the lucky winner very soon.
Expand terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions
NFL Facebook Competition (“Competition”)
By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully prior to participating in Virgin Atlantic’s Competition. By participating in the Competition each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms & Conditions.
“Competition Period” 12 October 2018 8am –  October 2018 11AM.
“Correct Answer” the distance that Mark Brunell throws the paper aeroplane live on Facebook on [24 October 2018].
“Entrant” means any individual who has entered the Competition in accordance to clause 2 who is a resident in the United Kingdom with a valid EU passport, and adheres to relevant entry requirements;
- [4X general admission tickets to the Pro Bowl game at the Camping World Stadium in Orlando on 27th January 2019];
- [4X Economy Delight return flights to Orlando (Departing London Gatwick on 26th January 2019 and returning 29th January 2019]; and
- [2 complimentary rooms with a 3 Night Stay at Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando]
“Promoter” means Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9DF;
“Qualifying Guesses” All Correct Answers together with those guesses within  yards of the Correct Answer submitted during the Competition Period.
“Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out in this document;
“Winner” means the Entrant whose Qualifying Guess was chosen at random.
- Entering the Competition
- 2.1 - The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over on the day of entry (excluding employees and the families of the Promoter, NFL Entities or any companies directly connected with the administration of the Competition).
- 2.2 - The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has breached any of these Terms & Conditions.
- 2.3 - To enter the Competition:
- 2.3.1 - during the Competition Period, via the NFL entry competition landing page [url], submit your guess of how far you think Mark Brunell will throw the paper aeroplane on Facebook Live on 24th October 2018;
- 2.3.2 - Qualifying Guesses only will be placed into the prize draw.
- 2.4 - Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay your entry.
- 2.5 - Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties. Only one entry per Entrant will be accepted. If duplicate entrants are identified only the first entry will be considered.
- How to Win
- 3.1 - There will be one (1) Winner;
- 3.2 - The prize draw will be drawn, and the Winner selected at random (using a random number generator) from the Qualifying Guesses, on [2nd November 2018].
- The Prize
- 4.1 -The Winner will be notified within  days of the prize draw via the email address used to enter the Competition. Winners will be required to respond to the notification email to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize within  working days of receipt of the notification email. If Virgin Atlantic does not receive confirmation/acceptance within 48 of initial IM/email, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected at random from the Qualifying Guesses.
- 4.2 - The Prize is non-transferable, non-endurable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There are no cash or other alternatives.
- 4.3 - No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or tier points will be awarded. Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the airline tickets.
- 4.4 - The Prize must be redeemed (including the return flight) by 31st January. The Prize will be forfeited if it is not redeemed and used by this date and no alternative will be given.
- 4.5 - The Winner and their chosen companions must travel together. If the Winner wishes to travel alone, the remaining 3 tickets will be forfeited.
- 4.6 - If the prize winner is 20 years or younger they will need to be accompanied by someone of 21 years or older.
- 4.7 - The Winner and their chosen companions must abide by and are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage.
- 4.8 - PLEASE NOTE THE NFL ENTITIES HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY. THE NFL ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED.
- Legal Terms
- 5.1 - The Winner and their chosen companions are solely responsible for all other arrangements and costs and expenses including but not limited to transport to and from the departure and arrival airports, car parking charges, car hire, lounge access, meals and refreshments (other than those included on-board), excess baggage, visas (including ESTAs), passports, excursions, attractions, travel insurance, medical insurance.
- 5.2 - If the Promoter or any other person in authority or any supplier of any service is of the reasonable opinion that the Winner or their chosen guest is behaving in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger or upset to any other person or damage to property, the Promoter will be entitled to terminate the Prize with immediate effect. The Winner will be required to leave the accommodation or other service and shall not be permitted to travel or reside in the travel arrangement booked. Return travel would therefore need to be booked on an alternative carrier at their own cost. The Promoter will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. The Winner will be responsible for making full payment for any damage or loss caused by them or their chosen guest during their time away. Payment must be paid direct at the time the damage or loss was caused to the service supplier concerned failing which, the Winner will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against the Promoter (together with the Promoter and other party's full legal costs) as a result of their actions. If the Promoter incurs any expenses as a result of the Winner or chosen guest’s behaviour the Winner shall fully compensate the Promoter for that expense on demand.
- 5.3 - The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Competition at any time.
- 5.4 - By entering the Competition, Entrants hereby warrant that all entry details submitted are true, current and complete. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and their respective partners involved in the Competition.
- 5.5 - The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entry that is lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- 5.6 - The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any injury or damage to any Entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with this Competition.
- 5.7 - The Winner accepts that the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use his/her name and county of residence for the purposes of announcing the Winner and for related promotional purposes.
- 5.8 - Publicity: By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to take part in any publicity relating to the Competition without compensation. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winner’s name and county in any materials relating to this Competition, whether printed or via digital channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Blog.
- 5.9 - The Promoter reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the Prize as described cannot be provided. Virgin Atlantic schedules are subject to change without notice.
- 5.11 - The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters and communication in relation to its decisions shall not be entered into.
- 5.12 - The Promoter provides no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the Winner’s enjoyment of the Prize.
- 5.13 - Winner’s details will be available for a period of four (4) weeks from the date of the Competition by sending a written request, together with a stamped self-addressed envelope, to the Promoter’s address set out above.
- 5.14 - The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions as required.
- 5.15 - These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any claims and/or disputes arising out or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.