To enter, you must have a consumer facing business which has been operating from before 1st September 2017 that has an annual turnover at least $150,000.
Entries close at 23:59 GMT on Monday 14th October 2019. From the final entries, a shortlist of four entrepreneurs will be announced via our Facebook and Twitter page on Thursday 17th October 2019. Successful entrepreneurs will also be emailed directly.
All valid entries will be considered by Judges from Calcalist, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Start Up based on the following criteria which will have equal weighting:
- How innovative your business venture idea is
- How scalable the business venture is – what is the scope for growth and profitability
- Do the Judges feel they can bring a benefit to the business venture
If you’re chosen as part of the final four, you must be available to pitch to the Panel in Tel Aviv on Thursday 24th October.
You will be asked to present a 5 minute pitch to the Panel about your business and why you need help taking it to the next level. There will then be a 5 minute Q&A.
Each member of The Panel will judge individual and choose a winning entrepreneur based on the following criteria:
How ground-breaking and pioneering they feel your business venture is. Is it unique?
How scalable they feel the business venture is – do they feel there are possibilities for growth?
How each individual panellists feels they can help take the business to the next level?
The entrepreneur with the most votes will be the winner. In the event of a tiebreak Richard Branson will have the deciding vote.
Virgin Atlantic will provide the winning entrepreneur with;
Two return flights from Tel Aviv to London Heathrow in Premium for the entrepreneur to attend the Virgin Start up course
Room only accommodation in a four star Central London hotel for three nights - if you wish to stay out longer, this is at your own expense
A place on a two day Virgin Start up business course (various dates throughout the year). Please see here for more information - You can find out more about the programme here: https://www.virginstartup.org/step-up
Mentoring time with Shai Weiss, CEO, Virgin Atlantic as well as time with the other panellists
Additional Terms & Conditions
1) By participating in this competition (”Competition”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2) Entry into the Competition is open to Residents of Israel aged 18 years or over, except for employees of any Virgin company, their families, agencies directly connected with Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited (“Virgin Atlantic”) operations and/or creation of and administration of this Competition.
3) You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.virginatlantic.com and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
4) The flight element is two return Premium flights from Tel Aviv to London subject to availability
5) Specific Conditions:
a. All applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges relating to the flight tickets shall be paid by Virgin Atlantic.
b. The winner(s) must abide by and are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available from Virgin Atlantic’s offices or via www.virginatlantic.com
c. Virgin Atlantic schedules are subject to change without notice. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cease operating to any route or change the start date of the service.
d. No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or tier points will be awarded. Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the flight tickets.
e. Once a booking has been confirmed no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative flight tickets will be issued.
6) The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all other arrangements and costs and expenses including but not limited to transport to and from the departure and arrival airports, car parking charges, car hire, lounge access, meals and refreshments (other than those made available inflight on a complimentary basis), excess baggage, visas, passports, excursions, attractions, travel insurance, medical insurance.
7) The flight tickets may not be used in conjunction with any other competition/promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
8) The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/footer/privacy-policy.html
9) Details of the winner will be published after 24th October on [https://m.emails.virginatlantic.com/webApp/pitchtorich] for a period of 30 days.
10) Each flight ticket is non-transferable to anyone else including another family member or any other named person and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other flight. No cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute each flight ticket for an alternative equivalent flight if for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter is unable to fulfil the flight tickets.
11) By entering the Competition, each participant and travelling companion agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any flight ticket (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
12) The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize for an alternative equivalent prize if for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it is unable to award the prize.
13) The decision of the Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14) The winner and their companion accept their flight tickets at their own risk.
15) If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
16) The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
17) These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF